We are a digital agency and web developer established 25 years, and currently employing between 15-20 people. The company has a large number and variety of clients including some sector leaders whom we helped establish. We create websites and related business management systems using well-known platforms, our own leading-edge CMS and ecommerce systems, as well as with sophisticated and regular bespoke enhancements, including integrations with other 3rd party systems such as CRM, shipping/fulfilment and accounts.
We care about our clients and strive to help them build their businesses by providing real value from our committed and close-knit team of professionals.
The company’s focus is providing services to SME’s typically turning over between £500k-£100M and employing 3 – 150 people, who see development for them on the internet as integral to their ongoing business. The company provides programming, development, business process analysis/optimisation, digital creative design, marketing, SEO and support to enable and maximise the potential for these developments.
The post is required to provide additional development resource for both back end and front end projects, as well as for ongoing R&D. We seek an enthusiastic developer who cares and is committed to producing quality work, and who would be eager to contribute to the ongoing development of our products and code, and to the success of our clients. If you are looking to expand your knowledge and capabilities, this position will deliver!
This is an important full-time permanent role, with excellent prospects for career progression.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help design/plan and undertake new front-end / back-end development work and contribute to new business solutions developments, and test once development is completed, including unit testing
- Module creation and other programming projects (using object-oriented programming primarily in a LAMP environment, using PHP/MYSQL/Maria Db)
- Ongoing consideration of new security features and additional functionality and efficiencies we can bring into use
- Bug tracing and fixing
- Acting as a team player, willing and able to contribute.
- Good English communications skills, able and willing to work well with colleagues and clients, understanding requirements and able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Practical Skills and Experience over multiple projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years experience with Object Orientated PHP (5.6 – 8)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience working with web servers (apache)
- Experience with package managers such as Composer and NPN
- Experience with Unit Testing such as PHPUnit
- Good analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ubuntu Linux
- Selenium, Gherkin language and Cucumber
- Linux server admin
- JIRA or similar system for task management
- Experience of using WordPress, Prestashop, Laravel, Magento 2, Drupal Commerce, Shopify, Wix or similar eCommerce sites
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience - £30k-£45k fte for the right candidate
Benefits: 28 days holiday (including bank holiday), discounted health insurance.
Excellent prospects for advancement
Contract Type: Full / Part Time